5 day Morocco itinerary
5 days Marrakech desert tour to Merzouga. Begin your trip in Marrakech city, cross the High Atlas Mountains to the other side through the Tizi n’Tichka, go on a camel trekking experience, visit Todra canyon, and return to Marrakech after 5 days in Morocco.
- Day 1 – Marrakech – Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate
- Day 2 – Ouarzazate – Dades Valley – Erg Chebbi Dunes
- Day 3 – Erg Chebbi Dunes
- Day 4 – Erg Chebbi Dunes – Gorges du Todra – Fint Oasis
- Day 5 – Fint Oasis – Kasbah Tifoultoute – Marrakech
5 day trip to Morocco
« This is one of our nice 5 day Morocco tours from Marrakech »
This trip to Morocco is designed to visit fantastic places such as Ksar Ait Benhaddou (UNESCO site), Ouarzazate, Dades Valley, Erg Chebbi Dunes, Gorges du Todra, Fint Oasis, and Kasbah Tifoultoute.
Explore the Moroccan Sahara with a 5-day / 4-night desert tour departing from Marrakech.
Discover Morocco and enjoy the chance of making great photos while traveling with a 5 days tour from Marrakech. Since the beginning of your trip to Morocco, you will go into extremely diverse types of landscapes. Following the Atlas mountain traverse, you start entering a more desert view, with parts of oases and palm groves. The highlights of your desert trip will be Ksar Ait Benhaddou. Also outstanding will be Ouarzazate city, Tissedrine winding road, and Erg Chebbi dunes. After Merzouga go straight to visit Gorges du Todra, and Fint Oasis.
5 days in Morocco photo gallery
5 Days Tour from Marrakech
5 day Morocco itinerary
Day 1 – Marrakech – Ksar Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate
Start your day early morning to go from Marrakech to Ouarzazate city. You will have the opportunity to cross the mighty Atlas Mountains and enjoy its amazing views. After a couple of strategic photos stops on the way, you will finally arrive at Ksar Ait Benhaddou, an ancient outpost for caravans carrying goods between Marrakech and destinations in sub-Saharan Africa. Ait Benhaddou is enlisted as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. This location is also set for many famous box office movies such as Gladiator for example. You will spend the night at a hotel in Ouarzazate with dinner and breakfast included.
Day 2 – Ouarzazate – Dades Valley – Erg Chebbi Dunes (camel trekking)
Morning departure to go from Ouarzazate to Dades Valley. Today you explore many of the most beautiful places in south Morocco. Enter Dades Valley and enjoy such landscapes that might confuse you from being in Morocco or planet Mars. The red-color tones of the mountains are unbelievable. As you enter the Sahara Desert, the change of landscape is as obvious as fantastic. You will arrive at Erg Chebbi dunes in time to go on a camel ride and get dropped off at an authentic desert camp where you will spend the night in a tent with dinner and breakfast included.
Day 3 – Erg Chebbi Dunes (camel trekking)
Early morning wake up to enjoy the sunrise in the desert. Don’t miss this opportunity even if it means rising up early to climb the dunes. The reward is worthwhile. There are times that the sun creates this surreal colors while rising up from the Algerian mountains. This is an epic experience.
You’re going back to your hotel to have breakfast and get ready to explore the desert. Today you will be taken to several places in the region in order to get to know its culture, traditions, and best places to visit.
The highlight of the day will be a phenomenal Gnawa show with dance and music played by local artists. People from Khamlia village are descendants from sub-Saharan Africa tribes that stayed in the region while the ancient caravan routes we still operating. Nowadays, they maintain different traditions that create a very interesting and creative way of life.
After visiting Hassilabied oasis, you’ll be taken to your hotel to enjoy and relax the rest of the day until your time to go on a camel trekking just before sunset. You will spend the night in a desert camp in the dunes. If you thought your Sahara trip couldn’t get any better, well, you got it all wrong. The evening will be with music and local dance while eating a delicious local meal.
Day 4 – Erg Chebbi Dunes – Gorges du Todra – Fint Oasis
After your sunrise early morning wake up, you’ll enjoy your last moments in the dunes, and right after breakfast, you’ll start heading north, in direction of the Tinghir Valley following the Todra river until you reach the breathtaking Todra Canyons. Explore the area and surrender to this massive natural rock construction. After crossing the main cities of the Rose Valley such as Kalaat M’Gouna you will finally arrive at your last destination of the day. The breathtaking Fint Oasis will not leave you indifferent to its inherent beauty and rawness of landscapes. A mix of palm grove with rocky cliffs, a picturesque traditional stone village, and friendly people. Sleep in a hotel with an amazing view, with dinner and breakfast included..
Day 5 – Fint Oasis – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
After breakfast, we will leave our hotel in Ouarzazate in order to visit several places in the city. We start with the charming Taourirt Kasbah, a 17th-century palace totally made of mud. You can chose to take an official guide that explains to you the details of the place, or, just pay the ticket and explore the place on your own, but watch out not to miss the most important rooms with ceiling decoration and the best window views.
After Taourirt we move one to the exciting Atlas Film Studios. Don’t get this place wrong, we’re talking about the fact that these are living studios, so possibly, you will visit this place while some important Holywood production is being shot there. You might even cross Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt?! Who knows…
Throughout the years, the Atlas Studios Ouarzazate has served as a shooting location for Babel, The Living Daylights, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Alexander the Great, Kingdom of Heaven, Kundun, Body of Lies, The Mummy, and Star Wars for example.
After visiting Ouarzazate you will be taken across the high Atlas Mountains, up to altitudes above 2200 meters, in order to cross the mountain range to be able to get to our final destination of the day: Marrakech.
The mountain crossing takes you through breathtaking views, and if you visit Morocco from late November to late February, you will surely see this region of Morocco full of snow. The contrast of getting from the Sahara Desert to Marrakech, couldn’t be more unbelievable.
Upon arrival to Marrakech, you will be taken to your riad/hotel.
Map of 5 Days Marrakech desert tour
Detailed map of the 5 days desert tour from Marrakech. You can click on the pins to show the destination name. If you’re interested in more days, we also have available a 6 days in Morocco itinerary and also the Morocco itinerary 7 days.
- 5 day trip to Morocco.
- Private 4X4 vehicle with A/C + fuel.
- English-French-Spanish speaking driver/guide.
- Pick up & drop off at your hotel in Marrakech.
- Accommodation with dinner and breakfast.
- Camel trekking in the desert.
- Overnight in a desert camp.
What’s not Included
- International flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Accommodation in Marrakech.
- Entrance fees to all the sites and monuments.
- Lunches, drinks, and extra snacks.
- Tips and gratuities.
Are you ready to explore Morocco?
Other desert tours departing from Marrakech
- Explore the Three Valleys of the Atlas
- Starlit Serenity: A Night at Agafay Desert Camp
- Escape to the Coastal Gem: Travel to Essaouira
- Journey to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou: Where History Meets Cinema
- A Night of Enchantment: Dinner at Chez Ali
- Marrakech Nightlife: Clubbing Experience
- A Desert Feast Under the Stars: Dinner in the Agafay Desert
- Discover the Serene Beauty of Ourika Valley
- Moroccan Caves: Exploring the Depths and Their Inhabitants
- The Tradition of Moroccan Hospitality: Tea, Sweets, and Warmth
- Exploring Marrakech: The Heart of Morocco
- Moroccan Cinematic Adventures: Iconic Films Shot in Morocco
- 10-Day Desert and Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 9-Day Desert and Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 8-Day Desert and Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 7-Day Desert and Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 9-Day Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 8-Day Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 7-Day Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 6-Day Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 4 days from Marrakech to Fes
- 3 Day Desert Tour from Marrakech to Fes
- 4 Days Marrakech desert tour with Ouarzazate + Todra
- 5 Days Marrakech to Sahara with Ouarzazate + Dades + Todra + Fint
- 6 Days Desert Tour Marrakech with Ouarzazate + Dades + Todra + Draa
- 7 Days Marrakech to Sahara Desert with Ouarzazate + Dades + Todra + Draa