Morocco 3 days itinerary
3 days tour from Marrakech to Fes. Begin your journey at the legendary city of Marrakech, cross the High Atlas Mountains, travel the Sahara Desert, and get dropped off in Fes, the spiritual city of the Kingdom.
- Day 1 – Marrakech – Ksar Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate
- Day 2 – Ouarzazate – Gorges du Todra – Erg Chebbi Dunes
- Day 3 – Erg Chebbi Dunes – Ziz Valley – Cèdre Gouraud Forest – Fes
« This is the perfect 3 days from Marrakech to Fes is available all year round. Explore the Moroccan Sahara with a desert tour departing from Marrakech and finishing in Fes. Don’t miss out on this 3 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour via Merzouga. The Marrakech to Fes tour is designed to visit fantastic places such as Ksar Ait Benhaddou (UNESCO site), Ouarzazate, Erg Chebbi Dunes, Gorges du Todra, and Ziz Valley. »
Discover Morocco and enjoy the chance of making great photos while traveling with a 3 days tour from Marrakech to Fes. As you can notice, you travel through very diverse landscapes. After crossing the High Atlas mountains, you will start entering a more arid environment, but with spots of incredible oases with endless palm groves. Some highlights of your trip will definitely be the UNESCO site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou, 300 meters high canyons at Gorges du Todra, Erg Chebbi dunes, Ziz Valley, and the wild monkeys in Azrou.
3 day tour from Marrakech to Fes
3 Days Tour from Marrakech to Fes
Morocco 3 days itinerary
Day 1 – Marrakech – Ksar Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate
Start your day early morning to go from Marrakech to Ouarzazate city. You will have the opportunity to cross the mighty Atlas Mountains and enjoy its amazing views. After a couple of strategic photos stops on the way, you will finally arrive at Ksar Ait Benhaddou, an ancient outpost for caravans carrying goods between Marrakech and destinations in sub-Saharan Africa. Ait Benhaddou is enlisted as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. This location is also set for many famous box office movies such as Gladiator for example. You will spend the night at a hotel in Ouarzazate with dinner and breakfast included.
This was the end of your first day of your Marrakech to Fes desert tour. You are probably tired yet astonished by your incredible day crossing the High Atlas mountains. A mix of feelings of high altitudes, colorful sky, mud-built villages, spiced food, and friendly smiles. Morocco tour packages offer all this and much more. Keep on reading the two next days.
Day 2 – Ouarzazate – Gorges du Todra – Erg Chebbi Dunes (camel trekking)
Start your day early morning to go from Ouarzazate to Erg Chebbi Dunes near Merzouga village. Today you will enter the Sahara Desert and the change of landscape is as obvious as fantastic. Crossing the known towns along the Rose Valley, you will enter the Tinghir Valley following the Todra river until you reach the breathtaking Todra Canyons. Explore the area and surrender to this massive natural rock construction. You will arrive at Erg Chebbi dunes in time to go on a camel ride and get dropped off at an authentic desert camp where you will spend the night in a tent with dinner and breakfast included.
This is the end of your 3 day desert tour from Marrakech to Fes. This was presumably one of your most enjoyable days of the journey from Marrakech. Touring the unbelievable Todra Gorges, entering the Sahara Desert, the camel ride, the Merzouga desert camp. We acknowledge that you are satisfied today because you were in many of the best places to visit in Morocco. Enjoy this happy moment.
Day 3 – Erg Chebbi Dunes – Ziz Valley – Cèdre Gouraud Forest – Fes
This is the last day of your 3 days trip from Marrakech to Fes. After your sunrise early morning wake up, you’ll enjoy your last moments in the dunes, and right after breakfast, you’ll start heading north, in direction of the Moroccan imperial city of Fes. The road to Fes takes you to pass through incredible landscapes such as the Ziz Valley with its endless palm groves. In the Middle Atlas, you will have an incredible encounter with wild Barbary monkeys at the Cèdre Gouraud Forest. You will arrive in Fes late afternoon and dropped off at your hotel.
And your tour is over. Marrakech to Fes desert tours offers a great opportunity to visit amazing places between these two famous Moroccan cities. This is the ideal offer for those landing at Marrakech airport and leaving Morocco departing from the Fes airport.
Map of Marrakech to Fes
Detailed map of the 3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Fes. You can click on the pins to show the destination name. If you’re interested in more days, we also have available a 4 days tour from Marrakech to Fes. On the map below you can notice the kind of curve the itinerary suggests. From Marrakech, you go south until Ouarzazate, where you turn East towards the desert. After the road goes towards the north, crossing the Middle Atlas Mountains until reaching your last stop in Fes. The entire excursion will be around 1100km.
- 3 day Marrakech to Fes desert tour.
- Private 4X4 vehicle with A/C + fuel.
- English-French-Spanish speaking driver/guide.
- Pick up at your hotel in Marrakech & drop off at your hotel in Fes.
- Accommodation with dinner and breakfast.
- Camel trekking in the desert.
- Overnight in a desert camp.
What’s not Included
- International flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Accommodation in Marrakech and Fes.
- Entrance fees to all the sites and monuments.
- Lunches, drinks, and extra snacks.
- Tips and gratuities.
Are you ready to explore Morocco?
Other desert tours departing from Marrakech
- 10-Day Desert and Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 9-Day Desert and Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 8-Day Desert and Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 7-Day Desert and Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 9-Day Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 8-Day Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 7-Day Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 6-Day Imperial Cities Tour from Marrakech
- 4 days from Marrakech to Fes
- 3 Day Desert Tour from Marrakech to Fes
- 4 Days Marrakech desert tour with Ouarzazate + Todra
- 5 Days Marrakech to Sahara with Ouarzazate + Dades + Todra + Fint
- 6 Days Desert Tour Marrakech with Ouarzazate + Dades + Todra + Draa
- 7 Days Marrakech to Sahara Desert with Ouarzazate + Dades + Todra + Draa